Formerly Northwest Communication Connections (NWCC) with Kathryn J Hanson and Ann McCormick has changed to: KATHRYN J. HANSON, SLP, LLC
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, CCC-SLP
Over the past 35 I have provided speech-language therapy services to both adults and children who were experiencing difficulties with communication skills. I have worked in public schools, universities, hospitals, clinics and private practice. As well, Riverdeep Company employed me to judge the audio accuracy of reading software, 2000 to 2001.
Since 2005, I have participated in 62 workshops related to the following areas: phonological, developmental and apraxia of speech disorders; autism spectrum disorders; English as a second language; neurological disorders; learning disabilities; visual strategies for learning; stuttering and cluttering; pragmatics; social cognition; literacy; executive function disorders; narrative development and story grammar delays; social and academic language; vocabulary acquisition; receptive and expressive language disorders, brain injury and vocal abuse. I received the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Award for Continuing Education in 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015.
I see clients in their homes only in or near West Seattle
MEMBERSHIPS, LICENSURES, CERTIFICATES AND SPECIALITIES:
- Member American Speech-Language-Hearing Association with the Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Member Washington Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Educational Staff Associate under Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- License Credential Number LL 00001163, Washington State Department of Health
- Past clinical associate at the University of Washington Speech and Hearing Clinic, graduate Stuttering Program
- I am a PROMPT trained clinician
- Areas of specialty: apraxia of speech, phonological and developmental speech disorders, receptive and expressive language disorders, executive function difficulties, pragmatics and social cognition disorders, word-finding disabilities, tongue thrust and thumb sucking problems, velo-cardial-facial syndrome, stuttering and cluttering, voice, post-stroke and brain injury, for both children and adults.
- Intakes and screenings
- Evaluations, observations in natural settings, standardized and informal assessments, review of existing documentation, contact with other individuals in schools and community settings who can provide additional supportive information and documentation
- Individual therapy